I'm a DIY loving stay at home Mum living in Saskatchewan Canada.
I love to cook and bake, decorate my home, repurpose old treasures, and create beautiful birthdays for my 3 beautiful girls!

French Toast Roll Ups


With Christmas around the corner, I've been thinking about all the yummy foods we'll be eating next month! I remember making these 2 years ago and they were such a huge hit! We did ours in Strawberry Cheesecake and Nutella flavours, but the filling possibilities are endless!




Ingredients:
  • Bread
  • Eggs
  • Milk
  • Cream Cheese
  • Jam
  • Nutella
  • Cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla
  • Sugar
  • Syrup to dip

How To:

I don't have a solid recipe to write down here unfortunately, but the good news is..They're easy enough not to need one. I took my basic french toast recipe that I always have used (eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and a little vanilla) and worked with that.

Create a cinnamon/sugar mixture on a plate and set aside. Preheat a frying pan or griddle.

To make 24 rolls (12 of each flavour), take 24 slices of bread and cut of their crusts. Use a rolling pin of even a cup to flatten each piece of bread. On 12 of the flattened pieces of bread, spread your Nutella, leaving one 1/2" of the edge dry. On the other 12, spread cream cheese and strawberry jam, again leaving 1/2" of one edge dry. Roll up each slice.

Prepare your eggs for dipping the rolls. Probably at least 8 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla to taste. Dip each roll in the egg mixture and fry them in your pan or on your griddle. My griddle is non stick so I don't need to use butter, but butter is great too! Roll them a couple times during cooking to ensure the whole outside is done. Once they're cooked, roll them in your cinnamon sugar and transfer to a serving platter!

Serve syrup on the side for dipping or drizzle right on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment