I'm a DIY loving stay at home Mum living in Saskatchewan Canada.
I love to cook and bake, decorate my home, repurpose old treasures, and create beautiful birthdays for my 3 beautiful girls!

Old brass lamps made beautiful!

Some of my favourite things to repurpose are lamps. It's so incredibly easy and cheap to do and it makes such a big impact. Trendy and beautiful new lamps are expensive! Old, outdated, brass lamps are not.

I bought this set of lamps for 20$.
One can of spray paint for 5$.
2 new drum shades for 36$.

That's just over 60$ for 2 new lamps in exactly the style and colour I wanted. Perfect!




I started with the lamps. I have them a good wipe down with lysol wipes and removed those horrible forest green shades.


I used 1 can of paint total for both lamps. I didn't even need the whole can. I had bought 2 but now I'll save the other for another project. The paint was "Blue Ocean Breeze" in gloss by Krylon. I LOVE this paint. It goes on very evenly, has the comfort spray tip, never drips and dries insanely fast!


I sprayed each lamp in 2 coats. I didn't use a primer as the paint advertises as being 2in1, primer AND paint. I can be lazy..I skip steps when I can. Skipping the primer on the brass lamps has never caused a problem for me!


About 25 minutes after starting this project, the lamps were ready to assemble and put inside on my repurposed dresser hutch. They match my kitchen curtains, table runner and even my dishes beautifully.





2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Think I might relook at some of the thrift store lamps now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should!! ALL the lamps in our house are repurposed and they're all gorgeous!

      Delete