I was a little nervous to do this and it was a pretty spontaneous decision. After googling all kinds of instructions and blogs, I felt like maybe it wasn't something I wanted to attempt. I would need a ruler, a 6 foot level, math... Then there was the pencil lines (I hate erasing pencil lines!)..the tape etc etc. I had almost let go of the idea..but then I came across one more blog outlining a way to do this project without any of those supplies and without having to do math... It seemed too good to be true, but I jumped in head first and gave it a try. It ended up taking under 5 hours TOTAL from start to finish, and being darn close to free.
- A cardboard square in the size of your choice. The bigger the square, the bigger the stripes. I used a 10"x10" square that I cut out of a box from one of my kids board games... (shhhh!) This was free of course.
- A piece of chalk. 1 piece should do it. I have an overabundance of chalk. So also free.
- Painters tape. I used an off brand, cheap kind. I used almost a whole roll. I had half a roll handy, but had to buy more. A new roll was only 3$ and I had lots left.
- A small quart of paint. I spent 20$ on that and barely put a dent in the can.
- Small roller. I have a TON of these already, so free.